Wednesday, October 21, 2009

First Class!

Check out the pic of the professor right before I left for class. My first class went great. I have a total of 10 students! Sorry for not having any pics of them or the classroom etc. They're coming. I guess I was so excited about it all that I forgot to take any last night.

My ten students are a mixed group but a good one. There are two Baptists, one Nazarene, three from non-denominational churches, three from a church affiliated with Christian Ministry of Calvary, and one lady who's between churches. There are five men and five women. Five have K'ekchi as a second language, three also speak Spanish, and two who don't have a second language. Of course they all speak English too. Thank the Lord! They all seem excited about the class and I pray they will all persevere and graduate.

Upon sharing about myself I also mentioned how my being there was a dream come true. I shared about God's calling me into missions back in 2000, attending Bible College from 2001-2006, then Seminary 2006-2007. I told them that they were why I went through all that training, and why I moved my family to Belize, and why my mom and grandmother were crying when we left. I didn't know it would be this group of ten, but now I know. I am here for these ten. While saying all this I noticed that one of the ladies in the class was crying.

During the time I allowed the students to introduce themselves to the rest of us a few of them thanked me for coming to Belize to teach them. How touching. Things like that make all the long years of preparation worth it.

Stay tuned for pics of the class. We'll meet again on Thurs. night.

No comments: