My sister just sent me some more pictures of Zoe (not sure why I gravitate toward her middle name, maybe because I go by mine). This was one of my favorites. But I noticed something in this warm picture that reminded me of the cold reality of our sin cursed world. Do you see the white thing on her left ankle? That is a sensor. If she was taken past a certain point an alarm would sound throughout the hospital alerting that there has been a kidnapping.
You see, Zoe, you were born into a fallen world. In one sense, it is under the control of the Prince of Darkness. We also call him the Devil. But here's the good news. God has the right, power, and wisdom to do whatever He pleases. He is the real King, even over the Devil. God actually sent His own Son, Jesus, to die for those under the Devil's power, to set them free, to save them.
We're born with a natural want to sin, Zoe. No one will have to teach you to be stingy, to hit, or to pitch a fit. You'll do those things because we all have sin in our hearts. That's also why Jesus came. To rescue you from your sin. To fix your broken heart.
God is so good He must punish all sin. Because Jesus lived His whole life and never did anything wrong He could take your punishment for you. Only someone without sin can be punished for someone with sin. If you believe that He died on the cross in your place, taking the punishment from God that should be yours, then you can be forgiven of your sins.
And guess what? Jesus came back to life to show that God was happy with His payment. Then He went back to Heaven and He wants you to have a home with Him in heaven too. It's a perfect place without anything bad, no sadness, and no kidnappings.
You're too young to understand any of this now, but I pray you will one day.
So my prayer for you is this:
Lord, I want to thank You for Zoe's health and I pray You would continue to be gracious to her in that area. Please, also, protect her, Lord. Be a shield over her and a hedge of protection around her, like You were for Job. Please keep her safe from anything or anyone who would seek to do her harm. Lastly, I ask that You would be, even now, working in her heart to draw her to Yourself. I pray You would make her devoted like Ruth, brave like Esther, known for her goodness like Tabitha, all because You opened her heart like You did for Lydia. Make her a bright and shining light in this dark world.
Bless her parents with the strength, stamina, patience, and the focus they will need to raise Zoe in the truth of Your word. Help them to love and live it out before her all the days of her life. Lead them all in paths of righteousness for Your name's sake.
And I pray it all in the powerful name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments:
Post a Comment