Wednesday, February 17, 2010

What Might Have Been

Recently, one of my students was corresponding with Amie via e-mail and she wrote these words:
 
"I am so blessed with Mr. Cohen's classes. It has been an answer to my prayers. Thank you so much, because I know that it is not easy for you moving into a new country, new culture, getting adjusted to all this must have been hard. It is a blessing and an inspiration to see how obedient you are to God's call."
Blessings,
Marlem
 
When I read things like this it makes me so glad we came, so glad we're able to touch someone's life for the glory of God.
 
Recently, after class as I was packing up my things I began thinking about God's knowledge. I thought about the fact that God not only knows everything, but He also knows all contingencies (the things that could be). Many times in the Scriptures we read the Lord saying things like, "If you would have done A then B would have happened, but because you didn't, C will happen." This led me to think about all the people of other countries that could be/have been blessed if someone would have obeyed and gone to them.
 
How much have you profited from someone the Lord sent into your life who taught you wonderful truths of God; truths that have molded and changed your thinking, living, worship, and of course your eternal destiny? Now imagine that person (or people) were never there. What might things be like now if...?
 
Had I not prepared and come (with God's help or course) I would have never known that I could be having the impact my 10 students say I'm having. What would I have missed by not obeying and coming here? What would they have missed? Who knows the ripple effect our lives can have when we obey the Lord? Only God knows what could be or what might have been.
 

No comments: