Sunday, September 5, 2010

Amazing Grace

I began practicing the guitar about 6 months ago. Instead of buying one I borrowed a friend's knowing that my desire to play could pass. I tried to learn many years ago as a teenager, but soon quit since it was so boring learning to read sheet music etc. But this time I've stuck with it and have gotten...better (not good).
 
Once Pastor Santos heard that I was learning he said, "You'll have to play us a song in church one day." I said I would try. Soon after that he announced to the church that I would be playing a song for them soon. Well, now I was committed. I began practicing a simple version of Amazing Grace since that song means so much to me.
 
Today was my debut, as Amie called it. It went pretty well. It could have been better of course, but hey, it was my first time to play and sing before a crowd. I sang 4 stanzas, only messing up the wording a little bit. But being before a crowd that wasn't extremely familiar with this song, and a few of them don't speak any English anyway, no one noticed. It was for the Lord though and I think He liked it.
 

No comments: