Monday, December 13, 2010

Fruit

Some definitions you'll need:
Substitutionary Atonement - Christ died as our substitute, taking our sins upon Himself in exchange for His righteousness.

Expository Preaching - Exposing the meaning of a text by preaching through it verse by verse.

It's so wonderful and rewarding when you see fruit in the lives of those you labor to help. Yesterday Pastor Santos used an illustration to explain the truth of Substitutionary Atonement to the congregation. This was rewarding for me because it was the exact illustration I used in class to help my students understand it.

Also, he preached the first expository sermon I've ever heard him preach. He's been a topical preacher for over 20 years. He preached through Matthew 1:18-25 about the birth of Christ. I was so pleased and thankful.

I can only plant and water. Praise God for the increase He gives!

1 comment:

Shirley Neely said...

AMEN & AMEN!!!!! Praise the LORD. To God be the Glory!!

Tell Pastor Santos that once he starts expository preaching he will never be able to go back to topical preaching---his congregation won't let him!

Merry Christmas to you all