Sunday, July 22, 2012

Stateside

As of July 12th we've been Stateside. We were greeted at the airport by my parent's smiling faces. And as is tradition now, my dad presented me a nice crisp apple. It started over a year ago when I was craving a good apple because they're sometimes hard to find in Belize. I asked if he'd bring one with him to the airport. Now it's something we always do when he picks me up. It's good to be back.

I gotta tell ya, it's really easy to adjust back to this culture of comfort.
We're staying in a mission house and it's very comfortable. Our van is comfortable. I attended church today in a nice climate controlled building with no bugs. I'm typing this while sitting on a carpet floor. It's just comfortable here.

Comfort can easily trap you though and I know that, so I'm trying to enjoy life but also fear God as Ecclesiastes teaches.

My blogging may slow down a bit since we'll be busy. I'm actually in Louisville, KY right now to speak at two churches and take a seminary class this week. We have many other speaking engagements plus we'll be visiting family etc. But stay tuned none the less. Who knows what surprise pictures you may find.

No comments: