Well today (Sat.) makes about 48 hours since we've been without water. It was off when we got home from school on Thurs. That happens sometimes here. The water pressure goes away in the whole town, but comes back 6-8 hours later. At about 6pm it came back on. So, we thought it was a routine thing, right?
The next morning it was off again. Not routine. It only goes away in the afternoon if it's going to at all. Uh oh. Turns out a construction crew was working on the road somewhere close to our town and hit a major water pipe. Now, two days later we're all getting a little yuck. My friend Josh just sent an e-mail telling me that he read it was supposed to be back on at about 10pm tonight. I hope he's right. We heard from someone else that is was supposed to be back on last night, but....
If it were not for the blessed spigot the tone of this blog might be different. What is the blessed spigot. Well, in the picture above it doesn't appear to be too blessed, does it? It is a spigot in our outside laundry room sink. For some reason, even when the whole town is without water this spigot STILL WORKS. Our maid said that it must be connected to a rain catcher or a well. Not sure, but oh thank you Father for the blessed spigot.
Have you ever gone 24+ hours without a shower? You know that film of yuck you feel? Yeh, I'm there. But last night, I took my shampoo and face wash out to our laundry room sink and washed my hair and face with a hose pipe.
I never thought God could have gotten this ungrateful and unthankful man to where He has. I praised God last night for that hose pipe hair wash. God has been helping us be so thankful during these days of being without (don't get me wrong there has been a mixture of slight grumbling as well). Amie and I think about that wonderful spigot and say to each other often, "Thank God for that spigot".
Thank you Father for not giving us more than we can handle. Some of you may be laughing because we're kind of struggling with this no water thing. Try not having it in your house for two days. You can't take a shower, wash your hands, flush your toilet, wash your dishes. Some of the older readers might remember that. We've made lots of trips out to the laundry room with our pots and buckets, etc.
We've been calling our friends who live close by and telling them of the blessed spigot (since we're all in the same boat). Our friend Jason brought four big jugs over and left happily pushing them home in the family stroller.
Thank you Lord for that water.
Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life." John 4:13-14