We had some special guests visit our church last Sunday. One of them was Rev. Dial. He is 93 and has been a missionary in some capacity for the last 60 years. He has worked in the U.S. with American Indians, on the Figi Islands, in Belize, and also Guatemala.
He began visiting Belize in 1996 and built Christian Life Center Church, the church we now meet in. So getting to meet him was an honor.
We all have our part in the Kingdom. Rev. Dial lived here, cleared land, and built a church building. Because of that we now have a place to meet and serve. CLCC is where I met Gideon who has become a big part of my life and ministry here. Gideon now pastors his flock in that building, I help Gideon, and he in turn helps others who also meet in this building. Kingdom work is exciting, especially when you get to meet those who's faithfulness you are now able to build upon. But neither I, nor Rev. Dial, nor Gideon are anything; only God who gives the increase.
"What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe-as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters in anything, but only God, who makes things grow." 1 Corinthians 3:5-7
No comments:
Post a Comment