Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Good News from Gideon

Those of you who know us well also know who Gideon is. For the rest, Gideon was one of my students who graduated in January. Since we now attend his church he is also my pastor, has become my best Belizean friend, and is my right hand man in a lot of what I do here. 
He recently gave me some wonderful news. He's given it a lot of thought and prayer and he has decided to join up with our ministry in helping us reach and teach local pastors and church leaders. I was very excited when he told me this. His knowledge of Scripture, humility, love for the Lord, and passion for others to know Christ make a wonderful combination that I would love to have as a part of our ministry.
In the past he had agreed help substitute some of my classes when I needed him, but didn't want to get more involved than that. The Lord has now shown him the importance of this type of work and he wants to get fully involved. He sat in on two of my classes last week and is excited at the prospect of helping and of starting his own.
That is good news!

No comments: