We have a crab season here in our area of Belize, but I believe it's just about finished. When they're "running" though it's a big deal. Some people even make it a family event and go out to catch crabs together. I've heard that the blue ones are the best for eating and the light colored ones don't taste quite so good.
Well, two brothers were showing off their catch the other day so we got the camera. Neddy and Dominique live across the street, and let me tell ya, they're 100% boys. These guys showed us how to catch the crabs by hand. Surprisingly, Iva was the first to master the technique. You really gotta watch those pinchers. But don't just try to avoid the big one and forget about the other. It packs a pinch too. I don't know from experience, Dominique told me (must have gotten too close once).
Yes, we've got crabs. Not something we were used to seeing in Alabama, but they're pretty common for us right now. Aren't they handsome? Don't you just want to kiss 'em? Uhh...me neither.
No comments:
Post a Comment